Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Words of Wisdom

"Runs end. Running doesn't." 
Nike 

"Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all the hard work." 
-Kara Goucher 

"When I do the best I can with what I have, then I have won my race." 
-Jay Foonberg, 72-year-old runner 

"If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, keep moving." 
- Martin Luther King, Jr. 

"Life (and running) is not all about time but about our experiences along the way." 
-Jen Rhines 

"A run begins the moment you forget you are running." 
- Adidas 

"Above all, train hard, eat light, and avoid TV and people with negative attitudes." 
- Scott Tinley ` 

"I am a runner because I run. Not because I run fast. Not because I run far. I am a runner because I say I am. And no one can tell me I'm not."
-John Bingham, author and runner 

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." 
-sign on Tom Fleming's wall while training for the Boston Marathon 

"The real purpose of running isn't to win a race; it's to test the limits of the human heart."
- Bill Bowerman 

"Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent." 
-Joan Benoit Samuelson


...

No comments:

Post a Comment